SRJC Petaluma Campus
The Petaluma Grounds Department is looking for Short Term Non Continuing (STNC) Groundskeepers
Part time 16-24 hours per week 2-5 days per week $ 12.50 per hour
Please E-mail resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under general supervision, assist groundskeepers perform daily grounds maintenance and gardening work: including mowing, pruning, planting, watering, mulching, weeding, trash and litter removal.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
1. Plants, weeds, rakes and waters college grounds; transplants and mulches as necessary.
2. Prunes annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees using the appropriate techniques according to the plant.
3. Edges, mows, fertilizes lawns, and monitors the watering needs of the grounds;
4. Identifies common landscape weeds and applies control measures.
5. Maintains college pathways and roads, patching pot holes, cleaning drains, and sweeping debris.
6. Uses leaf blowers, turf-vacs, other tools or hands to remove trash and debris from grounds.
7. Operates power equipment such as, but not limited to, edger, hedge trimmers, chain saws, and
tractor/loaders as necessary.
8. Performs minor repairs to equipment and irrigation sprinklers; may assist in the installation and maintenance of drip irrigation systems; may repair impact sprinkler heads in lawn.
ABILITY TO: Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking, work under inclement weather conditions, follow oral and written instructions, work safely and effectively around the public, maintain cooperative working relationships, demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
Methods, supplies, equipment and tools used in planting, cultivating, and caring for lawns, shrubs, annuals and perennials, and trees; plant identification and cultivation requirements; plant pest/disease problems.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Graduation from high school.
One year gardening and grounds keeping duties. Experience maintaining large grounds preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
This classification requires the use of a personal or District vehicle while conducting District business. Must possess a valid (Class C) California driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.